1. Admission Status
Candidates appeared in the Intermediate or Bachelor’s examination and awaiting results, may be admitted provisionally provided other requirements of the degree are met. Such candidates must fill an undertaking on the admission form before their applications may be considered for the Aptitude test. However, if a student fails to pass the examination or scores below the eligibility requirement of the degree, his/her admission will be immediately cancelled. Such student is given the opportunity to re-apply after the academic eligibility of the Program is met. Candidates, who fail to meet the eligibility criteria and are dropped from the degree programs will not get refund of their tuition fee. However, candidates must provide the complete academic result (mark sheet or the copy of the admit card and newspaper cutting) within four weeks after the announcement in the newspaper to the Admission Office.
2. Deferment Of Admission
Students who are granted admissions at the Institute and want to postpone their admission for one semester are allowed to do so if they give an application in writing to the Admission Office. The tuition fee of such students can also be transferred into the next semester if the Admission Office gets the application within a week of the commencement of that semester. Fee shall not be transferred after one week. Students who join the Institute and then decide to leave the Institute are not eligible for any refund of the tuition fee.
3. Transfer of Credit Policy
Sindh Institute of Management & Technology (SIMT) accepts credits from all HEC recognized institutions under the following conditions:
- A candidate must obtain 70 marks or B grade in the equivalent course to apply for transfer/ exemption at SINDH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY (SIMT).
- A candidate may request for transfer of 50% maximum courses in the bachelors/masters degree of programs.
- The transfer/ exemption of course is only granted if the course has same credit hours and matching course content as the corresponding course at SINDH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY (SIMT).
- Level of degree shall be same, i.e. A bachelor level course completed elsewhere does not make one eligible for exemption for Master coursework.
- If a student has completed the same course in a different degree earlier, the academic content of that course may be transferred if the course content is matched.
- Student may be tested through examination process at SINDH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY (SIMT) for every course in which one is claiming exemption to check the level of knowledge before the course and its credit hours are transferred.
- Course exemption fee is charged on courses exempted/transferred. Fee of Rs. 2500 per exemption shall only be charged if course and corresponding credit hours are transferred.
4. Admission Withdrawals and fee Refund.
- In case of withdrawal from the Institute at any stage i.e. before or after the start of the session, NO FEE will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation of admission by a candidate within 15 days from the commencement of the semester/quarter, FULL FEE will be refunded.
75% attendance is mandatory for appearing in the examination. No application will be entertained for a long leave by the student.
6. Withdrawal From a Coures
Course withdrawal can be sought before/within 4 weeks of semester/quarter commencement.
- Minimum GPA
A Student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for Undergraduate and 3.0 for Graduate, on accumulative basis.
The minimum GPA rules are applied after each semester.
The GPA is computed at the end of the each semester including the summer
semesters that a student enrolls in.
Minimum GPA but Course Failure
If a student fails to pass certain courses and yet manages to maintain his GPA equal to or above 2.5, he is allowed to repeat and clear the course(s) or substitute(s) (wherever possible), before the degree is awarded to him / her.
Student securing a GPA between 2.0 and 2.2 is put on probation for one semester. At the end of the semester, he / she is required to improve his/her GPA and bring it up to required minimum level of 2.5.
Extension of Probation
If the probationary shows an improvement, but his / her GPA is still below 2.2, his / her probation may be extended for another semester.
Any student with a GPA of less than 2.0 is dropped from the roll of the institute. In case the student is allowed extension in probation but still fails to bring his GPA to 2.5 by the end of the next semester, he / she is dropped from the roll of the institute.
Repetition of Course
A student can repeat any course in which he has secured low GPA.
7. Campus Decorum And Discipline
- Smoking is not allowed inside the SINDH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY (SIMT) campus.
- All students are required to be clean, well-groomed and dressed properly.
- Mobile phone usage is not allowed inside classrooms.
8. Academic Honesty
- Students are required to submit their own work.
- Work of others must be clearly referenced. To do otherwise constitutes plagiarism, which amounts to academic dishonesty.
- Reduction of grade or withdrawal from the course or a requirement that additional work be undertaken in connection with the course.
If there is a serious academic or moral dishonesty, penalties may be imposed. They include a letter of censure, suspension or expulsion from the Institute.
9. Award Of Degree
Degrees shall be conferred upon those students who secure minimum 2.5 CGPA for Bachelor’s and 3.00 for Master’s Degree Programs.